Monday 12 March 2012

Skiing holiday - ski man forgives Sam


I wasn't skiing on our last day due to my sore leg, so I started off by returning my hire gear. Both Lucy and I were looking forward to Sam getting another telling off for not looking after his skis, but the chap was in a much more mellow mood. He did say that Sam's were the second worse skis he'd seen that year, only beaten by a child's set where it looked as if he'd been skiing down the gravel drive.


Sam did say that he could tell a huge difference having had the skis serviced. He said it was like shaving with a new razor after using an old blunt one.


I spent the day washing up, cleaning out the stove and listening to Money Box on my iTunes podcasts. I've been using Facebook to chat online with Margaret and we had a little conversation late morning so I was up to date with all the news. It would have been nice to have had Margaret along and, had I known the arrangements earlier, I could have sorted out our car and got the dogs in kennels. Perhaps next year.


We were planning a 4am start, so it was an early night all round.

No comments:

Post a Comment