Wednesday 21 January 2015

Ski holiday day 5: We all overdose on cheese!

We deliberately didn't buy a week's ski pass for Sainte-Foy. This was mainly because Sam and Lucy had plans to travel to a few other resorts, but also because (if we were lucky) we'd get some coupons from Super U supermarket in Bourg-saint-Maurice which would give us money off a day's ski pass.
True enough, our big shop on Monday provided three coupons for cut-price ski passes which could be redeemed either on Wednesday or Saturday.
Today was /is Wednesday, so we got cheap passes and skied in Sainte-Foy. After the trials and tribulations of yesterday, it was nice to have an easy day's skiing.
Also, I tried out my contact lens/goggles combo instead of sunglasses and it worked a treat. I wish I'd had them yesterday, it would have been much easier. I've not worn contact lenses for a couple of years, so it took me a few attempts to get them in, but it was well worth it.
Quick drink with Margaret before lunch
I skied on my own during the morning, I've got my St Foy compass set now, so I skied all the blues in the resort (some of them three times). Sam and Lucy were doing some of the harder reds. We had planned to meet Margaret for lunch, but about noon, I was very thirsty, so I texted her from the top to see if she wanted to meet for a drink before lunch.
On the way down, I bumped into Sam and Lucy so we all skied down together; I met mum for a drink while Sam and Lucy skied another few runs.
We'd agreed that we'd have lunch at a restaurant called La Bergerie, which translates as The Sheepfold. The menu offers a nice line in steaks, but at lunchtime pizza is available. I had Royale, Margaret and Sam had a Catalane and Lucy had Quatro Fromages.
The pizza base was good, thin and crispy, but Lucy's was an inch thick with cheese - far too much - and mine was almost as bad (but with mushrooms, olives and ham). There was just too much cheese and it was also super salty. We had thought we might go there for dinner one evening (perhaps Saturday), the place has nice decor and pleasant service.

We had a quick ski after lunch, but it was very hard work with a belly full of pizza. We skied three blues and Sam got his GoPro camera attached to his helmet, so he took some videos with that. They turn out quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment