Thursday 21 June 2012

Tom and Hannah go continental


Big news this week is that Hannah, who works for the FSA (our financial industry regulator and watchdog) has been offered a secondment to the EU for a period of time. It will mean them moving to Brussels in September.


I'm excited for them, it's a great opportunity, although I'm not sure what work Tom will be able to get out there. It might be an opportunity for him to finish his book and nonsense poems.


I'm also a bit sad that it won't be as easy to see them as it has been. Tom and Hannah lived with us for a short period of time after they'd finished university and Hannah had completed her law certificate at Guildford; and I've seen a lot of them since they moved to London, especially since I've been working in London.


I've had a regular (pretty much weekly) trip to watch bike racing during the season and it's been really nice to see them so often and to share that interest with Tom. Now, I might even have to fork out for a Sky box and subscription!

No comments:

Post a Comment