Wednesday 23 November 2011

A cold morning

On the train, it's 7.30am and there's a spectacular sunrise over Sandy, Beds.

Fields are tinged with frost and this morning I had to scrape ice off the car windscreen for the first time this winter.

In my garden, it may have polished off the geraniums and also the lobelia, which has been massively prolific this year and is still in flower in a few pots. It also self-seeded all over the place from pots and hanging baskets, so I've had plants appearing in odd places where the seed has blown.

The new bottom border has a carpet of seedlings from two troughs of lobelia and begonias we had planted up this summer. I'm guessing last night's frost will have burnt or killed them. If it hasn't then it won't be long before another one does. 



In the office in Victoria now and it's very cold and foggy in central London. From our window, I can barely see Westminster Cathedral just a couple of hundred yards away.

No comments:

Post a Comment