Wednesday 16 November 2011

The day's musings

November 15th 2011


Margaret is busy Christmas shopping. A lot of it has been done on line. In fact I think that so far it's all been done on line, which isn't good news for the high street.

We're trying to buy British and have found some nice quirky things. I'm not sure what I'd like for Christmas. I know I have some Norfolk whisky coming; I'm actually OK for books this year (I have about five unread). I may need a new cagoule as mine seems to have gone missing, a head torch (just because I want one) and a sleeveless pullover - just in case Santa Claus reads my blog.

Margaret managed to walk the dogs up the avenue and back today, but says her foot was very sore by the end. She also has a sore throat.

It's been a nice day today, clear and sunny. Went out to Caledonian Road to see a potential new customer who was based in an old bus workshop. It was the place where the first London omnibus was designed and built (actually the first purpose-built double decker bus in the world. It had an open cab and open top deck and, during the First World War lots of them were used as troop carriers, ferrying men to the front lines in France. The building is now serviced offices for start-ups - quite a difference.

Off to Cambridge tomorrow night to watch Bellowhead, a folk rock band, with Margaret, Janet and Andrew. It's a bit of a pain actually because I'll have to go straight from work and meet them there. No problem with that, but I am in Howden on Thursday, so will have to bring my laptop back with me and turn up to a folk gig wearing a suit. Not really the done thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment